Saturday, June 18, 2022

Beach Bags and Burglaries by Dorothy Howell ***

In Beach Bags and Burglaries by Dorothy Howell (Haley Randolph Mystery #7/14), Haley has won a vacation to an ultra-exclusive resort for herself and her three BFFs. This would be perfect except she couldn’t find a “fabulous Sea Vixen beach tote,” and she discovered Jaslyn Gordon’s murdered body. This was meant to be a no-men vacay, but five of her “hot” male friends showed up. Even worse she couldn’t get a Starbucks mocha Frappuccino and her friend Bella’s lucky panties were stolen.

A light summer beach read. Don’t expect too much from these 20-something singles.

Haley’s hot (ex)boyfriends are:

Ben Oliver: freelance reporter

Detective Shuman: LAPD homicide detective

Luke Warner: FBI agent

Ty Cameron Holt: fifth-generation heir to Holt department store fortune

Jack Bishop: private detective

In addition to murder, the book also includes art theft and “Celebrity-panty-raid-dot-com.”

Sponsors include Starbucks and Mars. This is a bridezilla and some secret passages.

Haley expresses constant dissatisfaction with her life, but not very believably.

“This was too much. Just too much. I mean, I was happy for her, of course. But, jeez, why couldn’t I have an entourage? Or a cool undercover job? Or at least an official boyfriend? I didn’t even have a fabulous Sea Vixen beach tote. I hate my life—and I’m on vacation.”

“Wow, Ben was on a cool Hollywood celebrity story, working undercover. How come I couldn’t do something awesome like that? I definitely need to reassess my life.”

“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”

Check out https://amzn.to/2SpaDMN to see my books.

Check out https://amazon.com/shop/influencer-20171115075 for book recommendations. 

No comments: